Friday, April 16, 2010

Tasty Turkey


You all are fully aware of my love to hunt. First and foremost on that list is turkey hunting. Having the freedom to move around, talk to the bird, try to outwit him, and finally get close enough for the shot makes it the most enjoyable hunt I've ever experienced. Not to mention they taste freak'n awesome. Check back later for some turkey dish favorites. On to the hunt....I had heard a tom gobble from his roost on an adjacent tract of land. I decided to make the move on him and booked-it to the corner of the Gamelands property (public state land). I set up, and made a few calls. He responded immediately. I might be able to pull this off. After a few more calls, and a few more replies, he had cut the distance in half. Sweet.....

Warning...a turkey dies in this video...




I'll say he weighed in at 19lbs.


Pretty fan. 9" beard, matching pair of 1" spurs

I'm always taken aback by the different colors that pop out from the feathers. Unfortunately, the camera never captures that...maybe I'll figure out how to do that one day.



Smoked turkey leg anyone?
----Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment